The Power Plate rehabilitation is a device that is supported by extensive research, and leads the industry in three-dimensional Advanced Vibration Technology. Power Plate Rehabilitation can be used by anyone including the elderly, injured, and disabled, to improve flexibility, balance, strength, and function.
The Power Plate® uses the principles of Acceleration Training to stimulate the body’s natural response to vibration, while transmitting waves of energy at safe levels throughout the body, activating muscle contractions and reflexes between 25 and 50 times per second. In essence this means that 95% of your body’s postural control –core and balance–muscles have to activate and contract in an unconscious manner.
Advantages to Power Plate Rehabilitation Training:
- Shorter Training time for visible results
- Increases core strength
- Intense stimulation and increase metabolism
- Improved flexibility in short amount of time
- Increased blood circulation and improved tone
- Decrease cortisol levels
- Increased Bone Mineral Density
- Increased levels of- Testosterone, Growth Hormone, IGF-1, Serotonin
- Decrease in pain levels
Studies of the whole body vibration therapy have shown:
- Effective in reducing pain sensation and pain-related disability in patients affected by chronic low back pain.
- Improve balance/posture, even when the displacement is relatively small. Postural muscles play an important role in stabilizing the body during vibration. Roll et al. it was concluded that foot sole input contributes to coding and the spatial representation of body posture.
- Improve Propioception. “A loss of propioception would contribute to neuromuscular dysfunction and likely poor segmental stability in low back pain patients, which may lead to an increase in the risk of injury of further injury. Therefore, to treat patients with low back pain effectively, proprioception training is usually considered to be an important element of the rehabilitation exercise program.
- Effectively counteract bone loss. Low level vibration at 30 Hz for 20 minutes per day stimulated a 34% increase in the density of trabecular bone in the proximal femur of adult male sheep following one year of treatment.
- Acutely increase testosterone and growth hormone levels and acutely decrease cortisol levels in healthy individuals when the training protocol was relatively short.